Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chili Pan Mee - Kin Kin Restaurant (建记辣椒板面) @ Chow Kit, KL

I never heard of chili Pan Mee until my friend Fish & Elephant brought me to the shop last month... kinda outdated, lol. I woke up in the afternoon after watching World Cup 2010 semi final the night before and have something to sort later, but the idea of chili pan mee was so tempting that I agreed to have our lunch there. I remembered I took the photo of the shop but I couldn't find it!!! So far I have visited the shop twice, and likely to go there again in the near future.

Meat balls

The meat balls are for 4 of us, it taste so so only. Their best are in the pan mee I suppose. The soup are nice, at least they are not giving ajinomoto soup. I think the soup is the same for pan mee soup.


The size of the pan mee is not big (or pretty small?), 4 of us ordered 7 bowls of pan mee (not really sure if the size of pan mee really small or our appetite are big).

This is the magic. It made the pan mee a 'chili pan mee'.

Then you have to mix them, together with the egg. It's a half-cooked egg with the yolk in liquid. So mix them up and u'll have the chili pan mee.


This is the end product. In the beginning I put 1 spoonful of the chili, but later I add another spoon. The special chili made all the difference to the pan mee, as it doesn't taste good without the chili. I like the pan mee itself too, it's 'Q' enough (what's 'Q' in English? like not too soft or hard, just nice).

Adress
40 Ground Floor,
Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman 1,
off Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman,
Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment