Monday, August 16, 2010

Windows 7 Professional installed

After almost 1 year of the launch of Windows 7, finally I have Windows 7 installed in my laptop. Yeah I know I was a bit late, but late better than never, right? When I bought my laptop it comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. The package include a free upgrade to Windows 7 of the same Home Premium version upon the launch. Although the upgrade kit is free but I have to pay for the shipment fee which is USD18, which is about RM60 at the time I requested for it. Got the upgrade kit about 2 weeks later, but the upgrade kit, which is just a CD/DVD (I don't know what it really is), is still wrapped properly inside. Yes I never open it, lol. Due to my laziness I keep delaying installing/upgrading my Windows.

Not long after that I learned that UPM has some kind of Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Academic Alliance which gives science students FREE version of Windows and a lot more softwares (but disappointed Microsoft Office is not included). I did not waste the chance to grab my free copy of Windows 7. After I got my ID and password, I try to login to the website given and I was shock that where are so many softwares available for free. Not only Windows, but SQL, .NET, VB, Visio and a lot more. I downloaded Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Then, it was months later until recently I installed Windows 7 in my laptop. Due to my older version of Windows Vista is 32-bit and the Windows 7 is 64-bit, I can't just upgrade the windows, a clean install is needed. I think it's much more user friendly than my old Vista, should have installed it earlier. Highly recommended for those who still using Windows Vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment